Does your hair tend to get dry or brittle on cold winter days or hot summer days? Or maybe it just gets frizzy or staticky. This hair conditioning spray is fantastic for adding a little extra moisture when you need it.
This recipe has a 2-part formula: first, you create a serum base that can also be used straight for an overnight treatment; then you create the spray by combining a little of the serum with water in a spray bottle to give a little extra support to the ends of your hair.
According to the Reference Guide for Essential Oils, the essential oils in this recipe are often used to help with dry, fragile hair and may even help stimulate hair growth.
Hair Conditioning Serum and Spray
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (23 ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. (8 ml) Liquid Vegetable Glycerin
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops wintergreen essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops clary sage essential oil
- 2 oz. Plastic Bottle with Snap Top
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) distilled water
- 2 oz. Glass Spray Bottle
- Pour fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil, glycerin, and essential oils into the 2 oz. plastic bottle. Shake to combine.
- Place 1 tsp. (5 ml) of the serum in the 2 oz. glass spray bottle. Add distilled water, screw the spray top on, and shake to combine.
- To use serum alone, squirt a little (about 1/4 tsp. or 1–2 ml) of the oil into the palm of your hand, and massage through your hair using your fingers. Work from the ends of your hair up to the roots. Leave on overnight (or at least for 15 minutes) before shampooing your hair. Cover your pillow with a towel to protect your pillowcase and sheets if needed. Apply 1–2 times a month or when your hair is feeling dry and brittle.
- To use Hair Conditioning Spray, shake well with each use, and spray hair (avoiding the roots) as needed.