Chocolate and mint make a delicious combination. This recipe is tasty and uses only healthy, whole ingredients, including peppermint essential oil.
[recipe title=”Grasshopper Brownies” time=”10 minutes active; 25 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 10 Tbsp. (145 g) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (80 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large cold eggs
- 1/4 rounded tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) organic agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (65 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- Melt butter in a medium-sized glass bowl.
- Stir cocoa powder into the melted butter.
- Beat in the eggs, and add salt and vanilla.
- Whisk in the agave and then the flour. Stir until large lumps are gone and the mixture is glossy.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch (20 cm) baking pan, and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting (with our Peppermint Butter Frosting below) and eating.
[recipe title=”Peppermint Butter Frosting” time=”5 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups (320 ml) agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) milk
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Beat ingredients together on medium speed for a few minutes, until smooth.