If you need a great recipe to help your kids eat a few vegetables, this is it! Now you can feel good about feeding your kids some great vegetables with added essential oil benefits in a dish they will love!
[recipe title=”Extra-Veggies Sloppy Joes with Essential Oils” servings=”4″ time=”30 minutes active; 20 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (80 g) onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (50 g) celery, minced
- 1/2 cup (75 g) green pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1–2 drops basil essential oil
- 1 lb. (454 g) ground beef
- 1/2 cup (35 g) mushrooms, minced
- 1 cup (240 ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 ml) chili sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- Pita bread rounds or hamburger buns
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the minced onion, celery, and green pepper until soft.
- Add minced garlic and basil essential oil; continue cooking for about 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef, and cook until browned.
- Add mushrooms, tomato sauce, chili sauce, and water. Simmer for 15–20 minutes uncovered.
- Serve on pita bread or buns.
Note: The easiest way to make these sloppy joes is to simply pulse the vegetables in a food processor until they are small enough to blend in with the ground beef.