Salt scrubs are great for exfoliating rough skin. The coconut oil in this scrub softens while the salt exfoliates dry, dead skin. Himalayan salt detoxes the body, balances blood sugar, and helps decrease muscle cramping. This scrub is bound to leave you feeling refreshed, and your skin feeling much softer. With Mother’s Day approaching, this makes an excellent gift for the special women in your life—or just a nice pampering experience for yourself.
[recipe title=”Himalayan Rose Salt Scrub” servings=”Yield=4 oz. (125 ml)” time=”2 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 3 Tbsp. (40 g) Coconut Oil
- 6 Tbsp. (110 g) pink Himalayan salt, finely ground
- 9–12 drops rose or geranium essential oil
- Salt Scrub vinyl label
- 4 oz. Glass Jar
- In a small bowl, whisk the salt and coconut oil together with a fork.
- Add the essential oil, and stir again to combine thoroughly.
- Apply the vinyl label to the jar. For instructions, click here.
- Transfer the salt scrub to the jar.
- To use, scoop a small amount out of the jar with your fingers, and apply to the desired area. Rinse well.
The life of this salt scrub depends on the shelf life of the individual ingredients. Storing the scrub in the fridge can increase the shelf life, but the coconut oil will solidify at cold temperatures. If you choose to refrigerate, you will need to soften the scrub by submerging the glass jar in warm water until softened for easier use.
You may also use sea salt instead of Himalayan salt if desired.