Help your kids sleep at night by massaging a little bit of this soothing lavender lotion on their feet. This lotion is so smooth and smells amazing—you may even be tempted to just apply it to yourself!
[recipe title=”Soothing Lavender Lotion” servings=”Yield=8 oz. (240 ml)” time=”15–20 minutes active” difficulty=”Moderate”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 Tbsp. (14 g) Shea Butter*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (7 g) Beeswax Pellets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (18 g) Coconut Oil
- 5 Tbsp. (75 ml) Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) Jojoba Oil
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. (195 ml) distilled water
- 25 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 oz. Purple Plastic Bottle with Black Pump Top
- In a double boiler, melt shea butter and beeswax pellets over low heat. Once melted, add coconut oil, and continue heating until almost melted. Remove from heat, and stir until everything finishes melting.
- Stir in fractionated coconut oil and jojoba oil.
- Heat distilled water until warm.
- Using a hand mixer, start beating water and slowly add the oil mixture while continuing to beat. Keep beating for a couple minutes. As you blend, you will hear a change and feel the lotion thicken. Let stand for a few minutes. If lotion separates during this time, continue to blend it again for a couple more minutes. If it doesn’t separate, then it has emulsified properly.
- Mix in lavender essential oil.
- Pour lotion into a plastic bag. Snip off a corner of the bag, and squeeze the lotion into the 8 oz. bottle with pump top.
- To use, pump a little into your hand, and massage into the skin as needed.