Summer is the perfect time to sit outside and sip an ice-cold drink! If you’d like to incorporate the benefits and flavors of essential oils into your summer drinks, we have 8 perfectly delicious options for you to try!
As promised, here is the recipe for the 8th refreshing summer drink:
Delicious Strawberry Chamomile Grapefruit Juice
[recipe title=”Strawberry Chamomile Grapefruit Juice” servings=”4–6″ time=”10 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 2–3 drops Roman chamomile essential oil (you can substitute this with a citrus oil if desired)
- Juice of 2 fresh grapefruits (about 12–16 oz.)
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh strawberries, sliced
- Sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- In a small saucepan, bring water and honey to boil and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and allow to cool. Once cool, stir in the essential oil.
- Divide sliced strawberries and grapefruit juice among 4–6 glasses. Using the back of a spoon, gently press the strawberries against the side of the glass to help release their juice.
- Add 2–4 Tbsp. (30–60 ml) of the chamomile-honey syrup to each glass and stir in.
- Fill the remainder of each glass with crushed ice and sparkling water.
- Taste, and add more chamomile-honey syrup if desired.
- For an even more enjoyable experience, try this drink with our Mason Jar Mugs and Stainless Steel Straws!
For the pinners: