Summer is the time to get outside. Hiking, jogging, and playing sports are great ways to stay healthy and enjoy the good weather. But sometimes being active can make your muscles sore and fatigued. This DIY muscle salve made with essential oils is an effective and natural way to soothe those aching muscles.
[recipe title=”Muscle Salve” Yield=”2 oz. (60 ml)” time=”10 minutes active; 1 hour inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 tsp. (3 g) Beeswax
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. (30 g) Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops black pepper essential oil
- 2 oz. Glass Salve Jar
- In a double boiler, stir the beeswax and coconut oil over low heat until melted; then add the sweet almond oil.
- Cool mixture for about 5 minutes before stirring in the essential oils.
- Pour mixture into a glass salve jar. Mixture should become solid within an hour.
- Rub salve on sore muscles as needed.