Have you tried essential oils in your popcorn yet? Essential oils definitely add amazing flavor to this low-calorie snack. Try out the following flavor ideas, and enjoy some holiday popcorn this season!
[recipe title=”Holiday Spice Popcorn” servings=”4–5″ time=”5–10 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1/2 cup of unpopped popcorn (12–16 cups popped popcorn)
- 1/8–1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 drops clove essential oil
- 2 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 1 toothpick nutmeg essential oil (dip a toothpick in the oil bottle, and then stir the toothpick into the coconut and maple syrup mixture)
- Salt to taste
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Pop popcorn kernels, and then place popped popcorn in a large bowl or brown paper bag.
- Heat coconut oil and maple syrup over low heat until liquified. Remove from heat, and let cool for a couple minutes. Stir in essential oils.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over popcorn, and stir or shake to combine.
- Add salt and cinnamon powder to taste.
- Throw in other food items such as coconut flakes, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, slivered almonds, etc.
- Try making white chocolate peppermint popcorn by replacing the coconut oil and maple syrup with white chocolate or almond bark and adding 4–6 drops peppermint essential oil. Include crushed peppermint candy for a holiday look.