Do your kids love gummy candies? Try making some of your own with real fruit juice and essential oils—and rest easy knowing your kids are enjoying a healthy treat!
[recipe title=”Healthy Cranberry Orange Gummy Candies” servings=”Yield=1 1/4 cups (300 ml)” time=”15 minutes active; 1 hour inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) cranberry juice, divided
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. (27 g) powdered gelatin
- 1–2 Tbsp. (15–30 ml) honey (depending on sweetness preference)
- 5–6 drops orange essential oil
- Pour 1/3 cup (80 ml) cranberry juice and 1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice in a saucepan. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the liquid, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium, and stir until the mixture gets bubbly and the gelatin dissolves. Whisk in the honey, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the rest of the cranberry juice (1/3 cup or 80 ml) and the essential oil.
- Pour into a silicone mold or mini ice cube tray, and refrigerate until set (about an hour).