This is a great healthy appetizer that you can serve at any event! Eat it with vegetables, pita chips, or crackers; or use it as a sandwich or wrap spread. This white bean hummus is more mild than the traditional hummus and can be enjoyed by all!
White Bean Hummus with Basil Essential Oil
- 1 can cannellini beans or great northern white beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tahini
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1–2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 toothpick basil essential oil
- 1–2 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- Place all ingredients (except water) in a food processor, and blend until smooth. Add more seasonings to taste. Add water to thin if desired.
- Serve immediately with vegetables or crackers. You can also use this hummus as a sandwich or wrap spread.
- Note: As the hummus sits in the fridge, the oil taste may get stronger. If you aren’t planning on serving it immediately, wait to add the essential oil until shortly before serving.
This hummus would make a great healthy refreshment at an essential oil class. You can even serve it in a shot glass with vegetable sticks that your class attendees can take home with them. Click here to see a similar idea.