Are you all out of barbecue sauce and need something simple in a pinch? Or maybe you just want to know exactly what ingredients are going into your sauces and would like to have more control over that. Either way, this barbecue sauce is a breeze to make and is incredibly tasty. Add the benefits of essential oils, and you have a perfect addition to your summer barbecue.
[recipe title=”Simple & Delicious BBQ Sauce” servings=”Yield=2 cups (480 ml)” time=”5 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 15 oz. (425 g) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (23 ml) mustard
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) hickory liquid smoke
- 1/2 Tbsp. (about 7 g) sea salt
- 1 tsp. (3 g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp. (2.5 g) onion powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (65 g) brown sugar
- 2–3 drops black pepper essential oil
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- If you have a high-speed blender, use the soup setting, and it will heat and blend your sauce at the same time.
- If you have a regular blender, blend on high for a minute; then transfer contents to a saucepan, and heat thoroughly.
- Serve in your favorite dishes calling for barbecue sauce.