We sure love our pets, but dogs and cats are notorious for scratching and chewing up furniture, carpet, and everything else. Have you tried using essential oils to keep them away? Cats and dogs don’t like the smell of citrus or eucalyptus, so we’ve come up with a mixture using these ingredients to help discourage pets from tearing up your home.
[recipe title=”Pet Deterrent Spray” servings=”Yield=4 oz.” time=”10 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 4 oz. distilled water
- 8 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- Castile Soap or unscented dish soap
- 4 oz. Glass Spray Bottle
- Pour water, a few drops of soap, and essential oils into a glass spray bottle, and shake to combine.
- Spray mixture over an inconspicuous area of your desired surface to ensure that no staining or discoloration occurs.
- Spray over the area you wish the pet to stay away from.
- Shake well before each use.
Note: Many have questioned the use of these oils around animals. The low concentration of such oils in this recipe shouldn’t be harmful to animals. Contact your veterinarian if you have any concerns.