Summer and autumn evenings are a perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy time with family and friends, yet they are often accompanied by unwelcome visitors. To create a lovely ambiance and shoo away unwelcome mosquitoes and other bugs, try making this quick and easy citronella candle.
[recipe title=”Quick & Easy Citronella Candle” servings=”Yield=1 candle” time=”5 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Mason jar
- Olive oil
- Floating candle wick
- 2–4 drops citronella essential oil
- Fill the mason jar 3/4 of the way full with water.
- Fill the remaining 1/4 of the jar with olive oil.
- Add 2–4 drops of citronella essential oil to the jar.
- Set a floating candle wick on top of the oil, light the candle, and set it outside where bugs are likely to linger.
Make as many candles as you’d like to create ambiance and repel bugs.