Here is a delicious way to use up some of your leftover turkey! This soup is an aromatic and tasty meal on a cold day.
[recipe title=”Leftover Turkey Curry” servings=”4–6″ time=”20 minutes active; 35 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Moderate”]
- 2 Tbsp. (28 g) butter
- 2 cups (300 g) diced onion
- 1 cup (140 g) chopped celery
- 1 cup (140 g) sliced carrot
- 3 tsp. (6 ) curry powder
- 4 cups (960 ml) turkey stock or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 g) jasmine rice
- 2 cups (250 g) chopped green apple
- 1 tsp. (5 g) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. (.5 g) pepper
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream
- 10 drops fennel essential oil
- 15 drops cumin essential oil
- 10 drops cardamom essential oil
- Melt butter over medium heat; add onion, celery, and carrot. Cook until vegetables are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add curry powder, stock, and rice, and raise heat to high just until the liquid boils. Lower heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This savory soup is delicious with a spoonful of plain yogurt or sour cream added on top!