Warm up during the cold winter months with this healthy white chicken chili, infused with the health benefits of cumin, oregano, and lemon essential oils.
[recipe title=”White Chicken Chili” servings=”8″ time=”15 minutes active; 1 hour inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans white beans
- 2 cans green chilies (4 oz. size)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 drops cumin essential oil
- 1 toothpick oregano essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Grated cheese
- Chopped green onion
- Sour cream
- Pour olive oil into a large pot, and brown the onion over medium-high heat. Add celery, and cook slightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the essential oils), reduce the heat to low, and then let simmer for at least one hour. Remove from heat.
- Add essential oils, and let the flavors blend for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, place 2 Tbsp. of crushed tortilla chips and 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese in soup bowls. Ladle in the soup. Top with additional crushed tortilla chips, grated cheese, green onion, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, and salsa. Serve immediately.