Really impress your family by making this delicious homemade pizza for dinner. The essential oils add such a nice flavor to the sauce that your family will surely be asking for more!
Homemade Pizza with Essential Oils
- Pizza dough (see recipe below)
- Pizza sauce (see recipe below)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Canadian bacon
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll pizza dough out onto a greased pizza pan or cookie sheet to make a crust.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle the pizza lightly with cheese.
- Layer Canadian bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms, and olives on the pizza.
- Sprinkle additional cheese over the pizza.
- Bake pizza for 15–20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned on the bottom.
- Serve pizza warm.
Try different topping combinations on your pizza. Grilled onions, ham, pineapple, green peppers, and sausage are great topping additions/alternatives.
- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- In an electric mixer bowl with a dough attachment, combine yeast and warm water. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until yeast is dissolved.
- Add olive oil, sugar, and salt, and mix together.
- Add flour, and mix until ingredients are well incorporated and the dough is smooth.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes before using.
- 2 cups tomato sauce, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 toothpick rosemary essential oil
- 1 toothpick basil essential oil
- 1 toothpick oregano essential oil
- Warm tomato sauce into a small saucepan over medium heat. Note: We used a homemade tomato sauce made from garden tomatoes. If you are using a canned tomato sauce, be sure to choose an unsalted version or else reduce the amount of salt you add.
- Add garlic powder and salt.
- Remove sauce from heat, and stir in essential oils. (Dip a toothpick in the essential oil, and then stir it into the sauce. Use a clean toothpick for each oil.)