Warm up with this delicious soup made with the added benefits of essential oils.
Essential Oil Butternut Squash Bisque
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 4 fresh sage leaves (chopped)
- 1 large butternut squash (peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks)
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1–2 drops sage essential oil
- Kosher salt and garlic pepper
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. After a minute, add the onion, and saute until translucent.
- Add fresh sage and squash, and cook until the squash begins to soften slightly.
- Pour in the broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil; then reduce the heat, and simmer about 20 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Using a blender, blend small batches of the soup until smooth. Once all the soup is blended, return it to the pot, and warm the soup over low heat.
- Stir in the coconut milk and sage essential oil. Add salt and garlic pepper to taste.