This creamy orzo recipe is delicious—and so simple! Who doesn’t love a savory recipe that can be made in 1 pot with little work? The creamy, cheesy basil flavor is to die for; this will quickly become a go-to recipe in your home.
Creamy Basil Parmesan Orzo
- 2 Tbsp. (25 ml) olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (500 g) orzo pasta
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) whole milk
- 2 cups (100 g) spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (100 g) grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 drop basil essential oil
- In a large frying pan, sauté diced onions in olive oil until softened.
- Add garlic, orzo, salt, and pepper, and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, milk, and basil essential oil, and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the pasta to al dente, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and a creamy sauce is formed.
- Stir in the parmesan and spinach, and cook for about 1 minute, or until the cheese melts.