Cranberry sauce should be made from scratch—not eaten from a can. If you have never made your own cranberry sauce for your Thanksgiving feast, then you need to give it a try this year! It is incredibly easy to make and so tasty—especially with the added essential oils!
Essential Oil Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) orange juice
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries
- 1 toothpick cinnamon essential oil
- 1 drop orange essential oil
- Bring sugar, honey, water, and orange juice to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add cranberries. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10–15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Smash cranberries with the back of a spoon, if desired.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool completely before stirring in the essential oils.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you have leftover cranberry sauce, try spreading it over cream cheese and dipping it with crackers.
- We also like making Thanksgiving sandwiches with cranberry sauce: Spread this cranberry sauce and mayo on your bread, and then layer with turkey, potatoes, stuffing, or whatever else your heart desires.