Citrus fruits are in season, and it is a great time to fill your home with their fresh and zesty aroma. Try combining your favorite citrus essential oils to make some fragrant and health-promoting diffuser blends.
What’s so great about citrus? Here are some citrus essential oils and a few of their many benefits:
- Bergamot is uplifting, reduces anxiety and tension, promotes restful sleep, and fights infection.
- Grapefruit is uplifting, helps with depression, fatigue, and migraines, and suppresses appetite.
- Lemon is antidepressant, antioxidant, antifungal, and relaxing and fights infection.
- Lime is stimulating, reduces fever, and promotes feelings of well-being, clarity, and energy.
- Neroli is antidepressant, antiseptic, deodorant, sedative, and an aphrodisiac and relieves headaches.
- Orange is antiseptic, antidepressant, uplifting, and calming and combats insomnia.
- Petitgrain is antispasmodic, deodorant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and stimulant.
- Tangerine is anti-inflammatory, helps you sleep, provides emotional balance, and alleviates stress.
- Yuzu is antibacterial, calming, and warming and promotes healthy skin, clarity, circulation, and focus.
Combine a few drops of 2 or 3 of your favorite citrus essential oils to diffuse. Enjoy the healing, fresh aroma of citrus in your home this summer.