On a cool fall evening, there is nothing quite like a warm bowl of chili with your favorite toppings for a great, feel-good meal! This delicious recipe incorporates the benefits and flavor of pure cumin essential oil.
Slow Cooker Chili with Cumin Essential Oil
- 1 lb small red beans
- 14 cups water, divided
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 6 drops cumin essential oil
- Rinse beans, and then place them in a large bowl. Add 6 cups of water, and leave to soak overnight.
- Drain beans, and rinse again.
- Place beans in slow cooker with 8 cups of water. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Drain out half of remaining liquid.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cooked ground beef.
- Stir in salt and chili powder.
- Continue cooking on low for an additional hour to allow flavors to blend together.
- Turn off slow cooker, and allow chili to cool slightly.
- Stir in essential oil.
- Serve chili warm. You can eat the chili alone or with your choice of toppings. Some toppings that taste great with this include sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, sour cream, grated cheese, and shredded lettuce.