What man wouldn’t like a foot massage and their shoes smelling nice for Father’s Day? Even if the man in your life isn’t into essential oils, he will probably still appreciate this gift!
There are various ways you can approach this part, so we will leave it up to you how to do this. One idea is to print out these fun Father’s Day massage coupons and give one to the father in your life with a bottle of massage oil and essential oils.
Oils that are good for a calming or relaxing massage oil include cedarwood, Roman chamomile, lavender, clary sage, jasmine, myrrh, or ylang ylang.
Some oils that would create a more invigorating or energizing massage oil include cypress, white fir, juniper, lemon, nutmeg, orange, grapefruit, or peppermint.
Some oils that help foot conditions and are great for men include sandalwood, peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, or melaleuca.
A good way to do this is to mix the massage oil and essential oils in a bottle such as a 1 oz. glass bottle, 1 oz. plastic bottle, or 1/2 oz. plastic dropper bottle. You will need about 10–15 drops of essential oil for every 1/2 oz. (or 1 Tbsp.) of massage oil. Mixing the oils beforehand leaves your hands free to get more oil quickly if needed as you massage.
When massaging, start at the base of the foot and work your way to the toes. Pressing deep can bypass the tickle response and provide a thorough massage. Make sure to ask for feedback from the recipient!
- Old pair of socks (without holes)
- Rubber band (if socks are short)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 25–35 drops essential oil of choice (Some great oils to use include melaleuca, citronella, peppermint, lemon, rosemary, sage, thyme, myrtle, lavandin, or a purifying blend. Other oils with antifungal or deodorizing properties would also work well.)
- Place baking soda and essential oils in a glass dish. Mix to combine.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of the mixture into each sock. Tie a knot at the top of the sock or use a rubber band to close.
- To use, place sock deodorizers in shoes and leave them there when shoes aren’t in use.