These pumpkin chocolate chip granola bars make a hearty and delicious snack or quick breakfast when you need something healthy on the go!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 1 drop clove essential oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8.5″ x 12.5″ baking pan, and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, vanilla, maple syrup, and essential oils.
- Using a food processor, pulse the rolled oats a few times until they are coarsely chopped but still have lots of texture. Stir the oats into the pumpkin mixture.
- Place the walnuts and almonds in the food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the chopped nuts with the chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, pepita seeds, chia seeds, sea salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Dump the nut mixture into the pumpkin mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking dish, and press it down evenly across the baking dish until smooth and compacted.
- Bake for 25–35 minutes, or until firm and lightly golden colored along the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then lift the parchment paper with the granola bar slab out of the pan, and place it on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the granola bar slab has cooled, slice it into bars, and enjoy!
- Store any remaining bars in a bag or air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.