There’s nothing better than fresh, warm bread to go with a meal—or as comfort food anytime! This bread is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Your family will love the added herbaceous flavor of essential oil.[recipe title=”Rosemary-Parmesan Artisan Bread” servings=”1 loaf” time=”20 minutes active; 8–12 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3 c. white flour*
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 3–4 drops rosemary essential oil
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and dry active yeast.
- Add the rosemary essential oil to the warm water, stir to combine, and immediately add to dry ingredients.
- Stir the dough with a wooden spoon until a shaggy ball forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let sit for 8–12 hours, or until doubled in size. (Rising time will depend on room temperature.)
- Once the dough has risen sufficiently, remove it from the bowl onto a well-floured surface. The dough should be wet and sticky, but if it’s too wet, work more a little more flour into the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, onion powder, parsley, and basil.
- Form the dough into a ball, and place in a greased baking dish**—sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake at 450° for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and bake for an additional 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving with butter.
**To use a dutch oven, place it in the oven before preheating. Once the oven comes to temperature, remove the dutch oven, put the prepared dough inside, and return it to the oven to bake. If you don’t have a dutch oven, just use a glass bowl covered with aluminum foil. We did, and it worked perfectly! [/recipe]