Summertime is grilling season! Fire up this healthy and tasty recipe!
[recipe title=”Rosemary Chicken Skewers” servings=”8″ time=”30 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Moderate”]
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried chiles, crumbled
- 1 tsp. (~1 g) minced rosemary
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops oregano essential oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs. (~1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 8 barbecue skewers
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) to make a marinade.
- Set aside 1/4 of the marinade, and place the cubed chicken in the 3/4 portion. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Discard the used marinade.
- Heat your grill while you put 5 pieces of cubed chicken on each skewer.
- Cook skewers on the grill, using reserved marinade for basting. Cook until chicken is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the middle (15–20 minutes).
- Serve with lime wedges and your favorite side dish!