Enjoy the flavors of fall during breakfast with this healthy and delicious granola that incorporates the benefits of pure essential oils!
[recipe title=”Pumpkin Pie Spice Granola” servings=”8–10″ time=”30 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1/2 cup almonds, coursely chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 1 toothpick nutmeg essential oil
- 1 toothpick clove essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a blender, coarsely chop 1/2 cup of almonds, and finely chop another 1/2 cup of almonds.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl, and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Heat the honey and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave.
- Add vanilla extract and essential oils to honey/coconut oil mixture. Stir to combine well.
- Pour the honey/coconut oil mixture over the oat/nut mixture, and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then stir the mixture around. Return to the oven for 5–7 more minutes. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Move the parchment paper, with the granola, onto a counter, and spread it out with a spoon. Allow to cool.
- After it cools completely, break up the granola as needed, and store it in an airtight container.