Have fun with these festive summer drinks this 4th of July!
For our international friends, these same steps could be applied to any layered drink you want to make! Simply follow the instructions below with whatever colors you want for some fun, unique drinks.
[recipe title=”Patriotic Punch” time=”5 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- Red drink (such as Ocean Spray® CranApple juice)
- White drink (such as Liz Blizz SoBe Elixir®)
- Blue drink (such as Glacier Freeze G2 Gatorade®)
- Mason Jar Mugs and Stainless Steel Straws
- Fill your mason jar mug 1/3 of the way full of CranApple juice.
- Fill mug to the top with ice. (Note: This step is not optional! It is necessary in order for the layering to work.)
- Slowly pour the SoBe® directly on top of the ice until the mug is 2/3 full of liquid. Then (again, slowly) pour the Gatorade® in to finish filling the mug.
Note: In order for the layering effect to work, you have to start with the heaviest drink and end with the lightest. The drink with the highest sugar content will be the heaviest, and vice-versa. So if you decide to use drinks other than the ones listed, make sure to check their sugar content and modify the order you add them if necessary. If you decide to try sugar-free drinks, experiment with adding agave nectar for sweetness and weight so that the layering will work.