Are you looking for a fun idea for a make-and-take class? Try making therapeutic hot/cold pack socks! Have everyone bring a cute knee-high sock, and enjoy talking about essential oils and their uses while your attendees make these fun hot/cold packs. Offer several different oils for your attendees to choose from––citrus oils for an invigorating cold pack, an immune-strengthening blend for a cold and flu hot/cold pack, peppermint oil for a headache hot pack, etc.
These hot/cold packs are so nice to have around when you aren’t feeling well, and they are so easy to make!
1. Pour enough rice into the sock to fill the sock about 3/4 full.
2. Add 5–7 drops of essential oil directly on the rice.
3. Tie a knot in the top of the sock to close the hot/cold pack.
[recipe title=”Therapeutic Hot/Cold Pack Sock” servings=”Makes 1 hot/cold pack” time=”5 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
What You Will Need:
- 4 cups rice
- 5–7 drops essential oil
- Knee-high sock
- Pour enough rice into the sock to fill it about 3/4 full.
- Add 5–7 drops of essential oil directly on the rice.
- Tie a knot in the top of the sock to close the hot/cold pack.
- Shake the rice pack to distribute the essential oil.
- Before using, put the hot/cold pack in the microwave for 1–2 minutes (for a heat pack), or put it in the freezer for a couple hours (for a cold pack).
- Wrap the hot/cold pack around your neck, hold it against your temple (for a headache), or use it wherever you are feeling sore or achy.
- Refresh the pack with more essential oils as needed––simply untie the knot at the top of the sock, add more oil, and then tie it again! Note: If you don’t want to heat your oils, you can heat the pack in the microwave first, and then add the oils once the pack is hot.