Lavender aromatherapy has long been known to decrease stress and to promote relaxation. Some research also suggests that lavender oil reduces anxiety and lowers pulse rates. Lemon has detoxifying and uplifting effects. Together in this recipe, lavender and lemon are a delicious way to relieve anxiety and headaches.
[recipe title=”Lavender Lemonade” time=”10 minutes active; 20 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 cup (240 ml) raw honey or agave nectar (to taste)
- 5 cups (1 1/4 liters) purified water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 6–7 lemons, peeled and juiced
- Lavender sprigs and lemon slices for garnish
- Pour half the water into a pan. Bring to boil, and remove from heat.
- Add honey and dried lavender to the hot water, and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain mixture to remove lavender bits, and pour into a pitcher.
- Stir in lemon juice, lemon and lavender essential oils, and remaining water.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Serve with ice, and garnish with lavender sprigs and lemon slices.