No matter how hard we try, clothes always seem to stain—especially with children! Here’s an easy stain-fighting recipe that utilizes an essential oil we all love. Using this recipe, you can ensure that you are using safe products on your clothes while getting the tough jobs done.
Laundry Spot Remover
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Castile Soap
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Vegetable Glycerin
- 5–10 drops lemon essential oil
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 8 oz. Glass Spray Bottle
- Pour all ingredients into the glass spray bottle; shake to combine.
- Spray mixture liberally on spots and stains.
- Lightly rub the mixture into the fabric with your fingertips.
- Soak the article of clothing for a couple hours or overnight before throwing in the washer.
Note: Like most stain removers, this works best if the stain is treated immediately. We haven’t had much luck using this on stains that were previously washed, but it’s always worth a try!
Source: inspired by http://lifeispoppin.com/laundry-spot-remover-using-lemon-oil/