This sweet and tangy pie is best served chilled on a hot summer day!
[recipe title=”Kiwi Lime Summer Pie” time=”35 minutes active; 8 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 9″ (23 cm) pastry shell, baked and cooled
- 6 oz. (170 g) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 3.4 oz. (96 g) box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 16 oz. (454 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (94 g) confectioner’s sugar
- 6 oz. (170 g) lime yogurt
- 3 medium kiwifruit, sliced
- Lime Whipped Cream (recipe below)
- In a bowl, whisk limeade concentrate with the vanilla pudding mix (and add green food coloring if you want).
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Beat in confectioner’s sugar and limeade mixture.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into the pastry shell. Top with a layer of the sliced kiwifruit.
- Beat yogurt into the remaining cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Gently mix whipped cream into the yogurt and cream cheese mixture. Spoon over filling in pastry shell.
- Cover and chill for 8–24 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping, lime, and kiwi, and serve.
[recipe title=”Lime Whipped Cream” time=”5 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 3 Tbsp. (25 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla
- 3 drops lime essential oil
- Whip together ingredients until soft peaks form.