This is the perfect time of year to curl up with a delicious mug of homemade hot cocoa. Top it with delicious cinnamon whipped cream for an added treat!
[recipe title=”Hot Cocoa with Cinnamon Whipped Cream” servings=”4″ time=”10 minutes active; 10 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sugar or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup (39 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) half-and-half
- 3/4 tsp. (3.8 ml) homemade vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) homemade vanilla extract
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, and pinch of salt in a saucepan, and add the boiling water.
- Stir, and slowly bring to an easy boil. Be careful not to let it scorch.
- Stir in milk and half-and-half. Heat until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat, and add 3/4 tsp. (3.8 ml) vanilla.
- In a mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream with the agave nectar, 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) vanilla, and cinnamon essential oil until fluffy.
- Divide hot cocoa between 4 mugs, and top with the whipped cream.