These tasty treats are full of protein and flavor. Enjoy them with a cold glass of rice or coconut milk for a healthy and delicious snack.
[recipe title=”Healthy No-Bake Cookies” servings=”20-24″ time=”15 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 3/4 cups (158 g) oats (quick or rolled)
- 1/3 cup (54 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cocoa or cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (96 g) coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (139 g) cooked quinoa*
- 1/2 cup (55 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2–5 drops peppermint essential oil (or orange, cinnamon, or cardamom essential oil)
- Combine oats, chia seeds, cocoa or cacao powder, and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, honey, and coconut oil. Mix well, and then add cooked quinoa. Stir until well blended.
- Thoroughly combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Stir in 1 drop of essential oil at a time. Taste test the mixture as you add more oil for desired flavor.
- Press mixture in silicone molds or form portions by hand and put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Follow instructions for quinoa. Quinoa can also be cooked in a rice cooker as you would white rice.