Summer is a great time to get out and enjoy your grill so that your house can stay cool. Get creative with recipes you would typically cook in your oven by bringing them outside to the grill. These delicious au gratin potatoes, flavored with essential oils, are a great example of a delicious dish that has been modified to perfection for the grill. Try it today as a wonderful summer dish that won’t heat up your kitchen.
[recipe title=”Grilled Au Gratin Potatoes” servings=”8″ time=”1 hour, 10 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. bacon grease
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 drops sage essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Coat the bottom of a cast iron pan with bacon grease.
- Dice the potatoes into small squares. (The smaller they are, they faster and more evenly they will cook on the grill.)
- Fill your cast iron pan with the diced potatoes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, garlic cloves, garlic pepper, and sage and rosemary essential oils.
- Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes, being sure to cover the whole pan.
- Cover the pan with foil, and bake on the grill for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom or get too brown.
- Remove the foil and continue to cook on the grill for 20 minutes.
- Add grated cheese, and let melt for about 3–5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, and serve!