Forget popsicles and their empty calories this summer; instead, try making your own healthy frozen treat. These creamy frozen bars are full of vitamins, protein, and flavor! They are healthy enough to count as a breakfast and deliciously sweet enough to be a dessert!
[recipe title=”Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars” servings=”10″ time=”20 minutes active; 2 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) honey
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 cups (480 ml) vanilla flavored greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (~40 g) chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)
- 1/3 cup (55 g) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (65–75 g) fresh berries, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup (45 g) semisweet mini chocolate chips, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup (20 g) shredded coconut
- Whip heavy cream with the honey and essential oil until it forms soft peaks.
- Add yogurt to the whipped cream, and fold together.
- Gently fold in the remainder of the ingredients.
- Spread mixture in a 9″ × 13″ (23 × 33 cm) pan. Top with extra berries and chocolate chips, if desired.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and place in freezer for a couple of hours.
If kept tightly wrapped, these will stay good in the freezer for 1 week.