Front loader washers are great for getting your clothes clean and for conserving water and detergent. But they do have one flaw—they tend to develop an odor. To keep your washer smelling clean, it’s a great idea to run a cleaning cycle once a month—and we have just the recipe to help you do that!
[recipe title=”Front Loader Washer Cleaner” time=”5 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Washcloth or sponge
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Use a damp washcloth or sponge to wipe the rubber rim of your washing machine clean.
- Combine vinegar and essential oil in a glass bowl or measuring cup, and then pour the mixture into the detergent container of the washing machine.
- Sprinkle the baking soda into the washing machine drum.
- Run the washer on the hottest setting.
- Once the cycle finishes, open the washer door, and leave it open until the washer is completely dry.
- Repeat once a month to keep your washer smelling clean and fresh. Note: It helps to always leave your washer door open to dry out after each batch of laundry.