Do you like exfoliating with a sugar scrub? You may want to give this recipe a try!
While you are in the shower and ready to wash up, just grab one of these and rub it all over your body like you would soap. The soap helps get you clean, the sugar helps exfoliate your skin, the coconut oil replenishes moisture, and the essential oil refreshes the skin and provides a lovely scent. It’s a great way to pamper yourself while showering!
These sugar scrub bars make a great stocking stuffer or addition to any “pamper yourself” gift!
[recipe title=”Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Bars” servings=”20+” time=”10 minutes active; 30–60 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1/2 cup solid unscented soap, shredded
- 1/4 cup (48 g) Coconut Oil
- 1 cup (200 g) white sugar, divided
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- PET Jar or other airtight container
- Put the unscented soap and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. You can also melt the ingredients on the stove top with a double boiler if you prefer.
- Mix 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar with 1 drop red food coloring, if desired.
- Allow soap/oil mixture to cool for a couple minutes before adding in the white sugar, dyed sugar, and peppermint essential oil.
- Press the mixture into a silicone mold, muffin tin lined with paper cups, or a glass dish (to cut into cubes).
- Let sit in the fridge or freezer to allow mixture to firm up before cutting into cubes (if needed) and transferring the cubes to your PET jars or other airtight containers.
- To use, simply rub a sugar scrub bar over your skin while showering. Rinse off with water.
Extra Scent Ideas:
- Autumn Spice: Use brown sugar instead of white sugar and 5 drops cinnamon essential oil instead of the peppermint essential oil. Add 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) maple syrup to the mixture.
- Pumpkin Pie: Use brown sugar instead of white sugar. Add 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) honey, 1 tsp. (2 g) pumpkin pie spice, and 2 drops cinnamon essential oil instead of peppermint.
- Grapefruit Mint: Use 3 drops grapefruit and 2 drops peppermint essential oil. Add 1 drop red food coloring (optional).
- Create your own scent! The possibilities are endless.