This delicious pasta sauce flavored with sage and thyme essential oils is sure to have your family asking for seconds.
[recipe title=”Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce” servings=”6″ time=”30 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 Tbsp. bacon grease (reserved)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups butternut squash cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 16 oz. fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 2 drops sage essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- Cook bacon either in the oven or in a skillet. Reserve 2 Tbsp. bacon grease.
- Chop up bacon, and set aside.
- Pour reserved bacon grease in a skillet. Add onion and garlic. Over medium heat, sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add butternut squash, salt, and chicken stock. Stir, and then cover. Cook until the butternut squash is tender, approximately 8 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil, and prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- Once the squash has softened, transfer contents to a blender or a food processor. Add milk, sage essential oil, and thyme essential oil; then purée.
- Drain pasta, and add the butternut squash sauce to the pasta.
- Sprinkle chopped up bacon bits over the top. Enjoy!