Are you looking for a super healthy new recipe? This salad recipe is both delicious and incredibly healthy. The dressing has an amazing flavor from the essential oils, and it comes with the added health benefits in every bite. No more boring salads! This recipe is easy, filling, and so good that you won’t want to share.
[recipe title=”Balsamic Chicken Avocado Salad” servings=”8″ time=”30 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
Balsamic Dressing / Marinade Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) water
- 2 tsp. (10 g) minced garlic
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) salt
- Basil essential oil
- Coriander essential oil
- Oregano essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Thyme essential oil
- Marjoram essential oil
- 8 oz. (225 g) bacon
- 8 cups (80 g) mixed salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 g) crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, water, garlic, honey, and salt. Add the essential oils by dipping a toothpick in each of the oils and stirring through the mixture. Stir the dressing until thoroughly combined.
- Pour 2–3 Tbsp. (30–45 ml) of the dressing in a shallow bowl or plastic bag, and add chicken, turning to coat. Set aside.
- While the chicken is marinating, fry the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp and thoroughly cooked. Crumble the bacon, and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a pan, and cook over medium heat until browned and cooked thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt while cooking to add flavor.
- Arrange the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with bacon, chicken, feta cheese, tomatoes, onions, and avocados.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing, and serve.
Making dressing is much easier with a BlenderBottle®. You can easily add the ingredients, and shake the bottle to combine much better than stirring.