Who doesn’t love some delicious baked salmon? You will absolutely love this sweet and savory dish. The lemon essential oil adds a wonderful extra tangy flavor. Give this recipe a try—you won’t regret it!
[recipe title=”Baked Honey Lemon Garlic Salmon” servings=”4–6″ time=”10–15 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 lb. (450 g) side of salmon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole-grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. (1 g) paprika
- 1/4 tsp. (400 mg) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. (440 mg) cayenne pepper
- 2–3 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 drop cilantro essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, garlic, dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the essential oils to the mixture, stir them in, and set aside.
- Line a baking dish with tin foil, leaving enough foil to cover the fish while cooking.
- Place the salmon in the lined baking dish, pour the mixture over the fish, and spread out evenly.
- Generously sprinkle the fish with salt.
- Fold the foil over the fish, sealing the foil on all sides so that the juice doesn’t leak out.
- Bake the salmon at 400°F (205°C) for about 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes away with a fork.
- Carefully open the foil, and broil on high for 2–3 minutes, or until the mixture caramelizes on top and the fish browns.
- Serve with veggies, rice, and lemon slices.