These muffins are a delight to eat and taste like sunshine! Seriously, you will love the apricot, coconut, and orange flavor combination in these delicious muffins!
[recipe title=”Apricot Coconut Muffins with Orange Essential Oil” servings=”12 muffins” time=”35 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (90 g) whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (41 g) shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1 g) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) salt
- 1/3 cup (64 g) coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 1/2 cup (143 g) plain greek yogurt
- 2–3 drops orange essential oil
- 1 cup (~150 g) fresh (or dried) apricots, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- Granola, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. (205° C.). Spray a standard muffin pan thoroughly with cooking spray. You can use paper muffin cups if desired.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream coconut oil, sugars, and eggs together with a hand mixer for a couple minutes. Add the coconut milk, yogurt, and orange essential oil; continue whisking until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the apricots.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups (each about 2/3 full), and sprinkle granola on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes or until golden brown.