These delicious crepes are yummy for breakfast with a variety of fruit, yogurt, or jam. As a dessert, fill with fruit and whipped cream or drizzle with melted chocolate!
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) salt
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 Tbsp. (28 g) butter, melted
- Whisk together the flour and the eggs in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the milk and water. Stir in the salt and melted butter; whisk until smooth while adding essential oil.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of batter for each crepe onto hot pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook each crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Flip, and cook the other side.
- Serve crepes warm filled with your choice of fruit, yogurt, or granola, and top with whipped cream.
For added lemony sweetness, make this simple whipped topping:
Sweet Lemon Whipped Topping
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 3 Tbsp. (25 g) powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3–4 drops lemon essential oil
- Beat cream with an electric mixer or whisk until it forms stiff peaks. Add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon essential oil, and whisk for a few more seconds to incorporate into the cream.