Chocolate and orange are a popular flavor blend during the holidays. This simple recipe captures the deliciousness of chocolate orange candy in a fluffy mouse.
Chocolate Orange Mousse
- 1 cup (170 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla
- 5 drops orange essential oil (add more to taste if necessary)
- Melt chocolate chips in a glass dish in the microwave or a double boiler. Stir well, and let chocolate begin to cool.
- In an electric mixer, whip the cream with vanilla and essential oil until soft and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, drizzle melted chocolate into the whipping cream, and mix until blended.
- Scoop into serving dishes, and chill for 45 minutes.
- Top with shaved chocolate orange candy before serving.