As the weather gets cooler, one great way to help warm your house is to bake some delicious banana bread with essential oils!
Banana Bread with Essential Oils
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour (or use 1/2 white wheat flour)
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar (or use 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup honey)
- 3/4 tsp. (3 g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 g) sea salt
- 1/4 cup (57 g) butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 3/4 cup (214 g) plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 3 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 1 drop clove essential oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a bread pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Pour batter into the bread pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
- One of our readers has told us they like this bread with 4 drops orange essential oil instead of the cinnamon and clove essential oils.
- Try adding this cinnamon honey butter to this banana bread!