Try these power balls for a delicious and healthy snack! They taste like a cookie with a bit of a crunch and will leave you feeling satisfied.
Crunchy Chocolate Mint Power Balls
- 1 cup (90 g) oats (quick or rolled)
- 1/3 cup (53 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (22 g) cocoa or cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) almond butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3/4 cup (139 g) cooked quinoa
- Combine oats, chia seeds, cocoa or cacao powder, and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, honey, and peppermint essential oil. Mix well, and then add cooked quinoa. Stir until well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and mix well. You may need to use your hands.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2″ (4 cm) balls.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: To cook quinoa, place 1/4 cup (43 g) quinoa and 1/2 cup (120 ml) water in a small pot, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and continue cooking for 5 more minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water. You can also cook the quinoa in a rice cooker as you would cook regular white rice.