Making banana sushi is a great way to have some fun during snack time! Give yourself a chance to get creative and practice your chopstick skills while eating a healthy treat! There are countless flavor combinations, so feel free to experiment and find out what you like best.
Banana Sushi with Essential Oils
- Essential oils safe for consumption (such as lemon, lime, orange, cinnamon, cardamom, etc.)
- Sticky substance (such as peanut butter, melted chocolate, yogurt, whipped cream, jam, chocolate-hazelnut spread, etc.)
- Toppings (such as chocolate chips, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, chia seeds, nuts, berries, etc.)
- Dipping “sauce” (such as melted chocolate, yogurt, chia seeds, etc.) (optional)
- Peel each banana.
- Mix 1 drop (or 1–2 toothpicks) of essential oil with 2–3 Tbsp. (30–45 ml) of your sticky substance. Taste, and add more essential oil if desired.
- Spread your sticky substance over the top of the banana lengthwise.
- Sprinkle on your desired toppings.
- Freeze for 30–60 minutes, if desired.
- Slice the banana with a sharp knife.
- Use chopsticks to pick up banana slices and dip in your “sauce.”
Possible Flavor Combinations:
- Peanut butter with 1 toothpick of cinnamon essential oil • chocolate chips • coconut flakes
- Plain yogurt with 1 drop of lemon essential oil • blueberries • chia seeds
- Melted white chocolate with 1 drop of lime essential oil • raspberries • cashews
- Melted dark chocolate with 1 toothpick of cardamom essential oil • chopped pistachios • chia seeds or coconut flakes
- Peanut butter • melted dark chocolate with 1 drop orange essential oil drizzled on top • sesame seeds or coconut flakes
- Plain yogurt with 1 drop of lemon essential oil • jam of choice • chia seeds
- Chocolate-hazelnut spread with 1 drop of orange essential oil • coconut flakes • chopped nuts
- Whipped cream with 1 drop of lemon essential oil • strawberry or peach slices • chia seeds or chopped nuts