Not only will this tangy, sweet lip balm soften and nourish your lips, but it is a handy take-along on outings and makes a great gift!
Luscious Lip Balm
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 2 Tbsp. (24 g) Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (21 g) Shea Butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. (2 g) Beeswax Pellets
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) agave nectar or honey
- Flavored drink mix (such as Kool-Aid®)
- Desired essential oils (We used lime, lemon, and orange.)
- Three 1/4 oz. Plastic Lip Gloss Containers
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. (Or place ingredients in a glass measuring cup, and place in a pan with an inch of simmering water. This creates a double boiler.)
- If making 3 separate flavors (like we did), divide melted solution into 3 small bowls for mixing.
- Sprinkle drink mix into each for color, and stir.
- Mix 1–2 drops of desired essential oil into each bowl. (If you’re only making 1 flavor, add 3–6 drops total of essential oil to the mixture.)
- Carefully pour mixture into your lip gloss containers, and pop into the refrigerator for 1–2 hours to cool.