One of the easiest ways to clean out a grimy microwave oven is to create a cleansing steam using vinegar, water, and lemon essential oil. Lemon essential oil is known for its antibacterial properties and will leave your kitchen smelling lovely. This recipe makes it so easy to clean your microwave that it might just become your favorite part of your cleaning routine.
Microwave Steam Cleaner
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the water, vinegar, and essential oil.
- Put the cup in the microwave.
- Microwave the mixture for 5 minutes. Let it sit in the microwave for another 2–5 minutes to allow the steam to work through the grime and food particles inside of your microwave.
- Carefully remove the cup from the microwave; the glass will be hot, and sometimes the water has been known to explode because of a shift in the molecules. This can be avoided by putting a wooden spoon or bamboo skewer in the liquid while you heat it up.
- Once you have removed the measuring cup, use a clean sponge to wipe down the sides of the microwave. The build-up comes off like a dream!