It’s so easy to make your own perfume when you have essential oils. Plus, you can customize the perfume to whatever scent you prefer!
When creating perfume, it’s important to keep in mind the scents you are combining so that you can maintain good proportions based on the oil’s role in the blend. The Reference Guide for Essential Oils has a section on how to create your own blends as well as a chart that shows what oils are top notes, middle notes, and base notes and proportion guidelines based on the strength of the oil’s scent.
In this perfume, we used lemon as the top note, lavender as the middle note, and vanilla extract as the base note. If you wish to change the scent of your perfume, just see the Reference Guide for a list of oils that could fill the role of the oil you are replacing.
This perfume smells delicious and is a great starting point if you are new to creating your own essential oil perfume!
Lemon, Lavender, Vanilla Perfume
- 1 tsp. Witch Hazel
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 3 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 oz. Spray Bottle
- Add all ingredients in order to a 2 oz. spray bottle. Shake to combine.
- Let sit for 2 weeks to let the ingredients mix thoroughly.
- To use, simply spray on neck, wrists, or other area desired.