Now that it’s summertime, are your kids needing something to do? Here’s a great activity that could keep them busy for a while with added benefits of inhaling essential oils while they play! Feel free to double or triple this recipe to suit the number of kids playing or the size of your bin.
Some essential oils that would work well in this recipe and are safe to use with children are lavender, ylang ylang, or Roman chamomile.
Aromatherapy Moon Sand
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or other cooking oil)
- 5 drops essential oil
- 6–8 drops food coloring (optional)
- In a glass bowl, mix vegetable oil, essential oil, and food coloring together until the color is distinct or until thoroughly combined.
- Place flour in playing bin, and add oil mixture. Mix together until combined. You may need to use your hands.
- You can store your Moon Sand in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: Some essential oils that would work well in this recipe and are safe to use with children are lavender, ylang ylang, or Roman chamomile.